- Looking for a dedicated captain / surface support for our SNUBA company. Must be non-smoker, punctual and love to be part of a team. Tasks include driving and maintaining our boat and helping with SNUBA activities. Apart from salary and benefits, it is possible to work towards PADI Dive Master Certification, make cash on commissions. We are looking for the following characteristics:
- Dutch or Sint Maarten work permit / local
- International punctuality and attitude
- Must be team player and work well together with others, regardless of their sex or nationality
- Courtesy, Integrity, Self Control, Perseverance, Indomitable spirit are your key words.
- Speak and write fluent and proper (American or Real) English and a second language (Dutch, German, French, Spanish)
- Non-Smoker / Chewer.
- Secondary skills a big plus: Fiberglass skills, mechanic, electrician, etc.
- Rescue Diver Certification is also a plus.
- For the period starting December 1, we are also looking for an intern or couple of interns. Read it on our page.
As I flew my recon drone to Little Bay from my balcony this morning, I had hoped that today we could at least see rocks and shapes from the air, so we could run our tours. we have had to cancel tours 4 weeks in a row for bad visibility. Mother Earth is very angry apparently.
However, today the news is better than expected and we do not have to be down. From the video I could see EVERYTHING in Little Bay, all the wrecks, all the rocks. The water is crystal clear for a change. This is good news, with 38 SNUBA on the menu.
Here’s a happy picture:
Looking forward to some awesome dives….. yay!
We are looking for at least one more rescue diver / captain for our team. You need to be legal on Sint Maarten on the Dutch Side OR DUTCH. If you are not, do not try waste my time as you will not get an answer if you do not meet the above criteria. (If you want an internship click here instead)
Qualities we are looking for in candidates:
- Experience in boat driving and maintenance
- Minimum 25 years of age.
- At least VHF license if not complete boating license.
- Rescue Diver with up to date EFR.
- Safety conscious.
- Ambitious, self starter
- Respectful, polite and good with guests.
- Timely / Puntual
- Non Smoker
- Clean appearance.
- Not afraid to do briefings.
- have a local phone number
- Drivers license
- Fluent in English (International English.)
You will be internally trained to SNUBA Guide and to drive OUR boat and you will also obtain your local boat license (unless you have an international license). Getting your PADI DiveMaster is also possible. Your work may involve the following:
Prepping the boat for outings, including fueling, engine checks/maintenance, bottom cleaning, prepping SNUBA materials, filling tanks, diving with SNUBA Guests, driving the boat, meeting guests at cruise ship dock or elsewhere, social media posting, taking pictures, promotional work.
This is an ad for a full time position, taxes and basic health care included in the deal. Non SNUBA Guides will require up to two weeks of training before getting paid salary.
Resume with picture gets preference.
SNUBA SXM is looking for long(er) term team members. We will need a dive instructor to help train SNUBA Guides and also be an active SNUBA Guide yourself. We also need a Captain (minimum Open Water Diver with 40 dives, but rescue preferred) who can also be trained to double as SNUBA Guide. You will be working with cruise ship passengers in small groups. Work environment is friendly and relaxed.
If hired, after a short initial training period, this will be a contracted position. Length of training is depending on entry and experience level. (ask)
We are looking for people with the following qualities and specifications:
- Legal on Sint Maarten or of Dutch nationality.
- Fluent and grammatically correct English.
- Second Language conversational. (Dutch/French/Spanish/German)
- Dive Experience minimum Open Water certified. Higher certification a plus.
- Enthusiastic team member, but disciplined enough to function by him or her self.
- Captain candidates need to AT LEAST have valid VHF license and boating experience. of course captains’ license and experience driving single inboard engine boats is a plus.
- Boat/Mechanical/Fiberglass/Sales experience a plus.
- WordPress / Facebook experience a plus.
- Have a FaceBook profile.
- No criminal record
- non smoker.
- Minimum 25 years old.
- Punctual / Timely / Tidy
- Have references.
- No couples at this point.
Please introduce yourself initially by using the contact form on this website. We will reply within a few hours requesting more information or initiating an online dialogue.
We would like to add someone to our team and are therefore reaching out. If you have what it takes to work as a dive-leader for new divers and you like to entertain people while doing so, this is your chance.
SNUBA SXM is looking for a colleague with the following qualities:
- About 30 years old (grown up)
- PADI Rescue diver
- Local of Sint Maarten, Dutch or someone with work permit.
- Team Player
- Multi Lingual:
- English fluent (and grammatically mostly correct) and
- Spanish, Dutch, German, French, Portuguese, or Italian
- Knowledge of or willing to learn WordPress and in possession of laptop or mechanical experience with boat engines and able to drive single engine boats.
- Ability to think “outside the box”.
- Loyal and Professional.
- NON Smoker.
After being trained up to SNUBA Guide, you will become part of a young, energetic team which caters to tourists. You will have a decent salary based on your abilities and days worked. Health insurance and taxes are paid. You will also share in the tips and ultimately become at least Dive Master and EFR Instructor. You will gain plenty of experience in boat handling.
Work 4 days a week in lower season and 5-6 days a week when we’re packed in high season.
if you do not qualify according to the above, you will not receive an answer to your email.
Seasonal job optional, Internship also available.
Send your resume to info at snubasxm etcetera
Interested in spending a few months in the Caribbean? We are looking for a few interns. See our Internship Page RIGHT HERE to see if you would qualify.
We are looking for candidates for the period starting the third week of August. You live in our very nice Intern Apartment, only need food money. You will have a share in tips after initial training period.
Geinteresseerd in een leuke Caribische stage? Wij zijn op zoek naar een paar leuke interns. Kijk op onze pagina HIER om te kijken of het iets voor jou is.
We zijn op zoek naar kandidaten die de derde week van Augustus willen beginnen. Je verblijft in ons gave Intern Apartement. Je betaalt alleen je eigen eten. Je krijgt een aandeel in de tips na een initiele trainingsperiode.
Ladies and Gentlemen. For the period of June 1 to August 31st-2017, we will be opening one or two Internship positions. if you are American or Dutch, a PADI Rescue Diver, non-smoker, person between 18 and 30 years old, we might be able to offer you an intern position. This is a NON PAID internship.
You would become a PADI DiveMaster and SNUBA Guide doing that internship that will keep you busy during three months getting experience in the cruise ship industry.
Multilingual people will be on the preferred list.
Use the contact form on this website for your first contact and make sure you have a full up to date CV ready for if we ask you for more information.