All our equipment explained:
- is the biggest raft we have in the house. It contains two tanks of breathing air to support a group of four persons to do the 25-30 minutes underwater tour, to a maximum of 20ft/6m.
- is made from a durable material, these rafts support the full weight of two scuba tanks and 4 participants pulling at it with ease. A very tired SNUBA participant can even lie on top of it and it will still float. (and the other three participants get a nice workout out of it!
The 20ft long hose
- is made out of very reliable and strong material.
- is color coded to make it easier for participants to stay in formation.
- delivers air to participant’s regulator harness.
- is the nexus (link) from participant to his or her raft.
The SNUBA harness
- sits comfortably around the participants’ body so its right there all the time.
- holds the regulator from which the participant breaths.
- is connected, via the long hose, to the Quad with the breathing air.
The dive mask
- enables our eyes to focus under water so we can see cool stuff.
- enables us to clear our ears under water because it has a flexible nose pocket.
- enables us to clear water from our mask because our nose is enclosed.
- keeps water out of our eyes and nose.
- can leak a bit because of facial features. (moustache for instance)
- are only required if your foot size is less than 21US / 59EU.
- allow us to move gently and with little effort through the water.
- were not really designed for on land
The weight belt
- makes us feel great when we take it off after the tour.
- is necessary to compensate for our natural tendency to float.
- will not pull you to the bottom but will just make you neutral and diving without one is not possible for the majority of us.
The bathing suit
- allows everybody to focus on underwater life.
- is mandatory for this tour