The heart of SNUBA SXM
The main boat we run SNUBA off of, is a 34 foot former cruise ship rescue vessel that has been equipped with ladders, a SNUBA platform, side exits, fresh water rinse, music and is fully shaded.
It is the ideal boat to run this tour off and a comfortable adorable boat to hang out on when you are waiting for your turn. With a powerful diesel engine, brand new cabling, new steering, new everything.
She cruises with a speed of about 9 knots and complies with US coastguard inspection standards. An experienced Captain makes this part of the tour complete.
Our boat Overtaker. We can easily host and entertain 50 guests on her, but we generally do not! In fact…. the absolute maximum we put on there is 24, so you have plenty of room! Again… we know you don’t like the “sardine-experience” you get elsewhere. See you soon on Overtaker.
Little history of Overtaker
- She originated from Princess Cruise Lines. She was a life vessel in her last life and was only retrofitted as a dive boat a decade ago.
- She used to be pretty ugly, even as a dive boat. 😉
- Her name was briefly changed to Tinkerbell, without the former owner knowing. This has been rectified.
- Hurricane Irma and Maria took great care of her. She was basically totally destroyed by this duo of category 5 hurricanes. Hurricane Irma was the strongest hurricane ever to hit Sint Maarten with sustained winds of 206 miles per hour.
- Nobody was kite surfing during Hurricane Irma, although there was enough wind.
- Overtaker became SNUBA SXM property on September 21st. Immediately after being destroyed and sunk. Overtaker suffered 127 fiberglass breaks. All have been restored
- Mich, Kelly and then staff: Bert and Eva, spend 4 months restoring her and giving her her new look.
- Almost everything you see, is new. Roof, windows, cleats, console etc.. but also what is invisible has been upgraded or renewed.
A couple of pictures will soon be posted below…