As I flew my recon drone to Little Bay from my balcony this morning, I had hoped that today we could at least see rocks and shapes from the air, so we could run our tours. we have had to cancel tours 4 weeks in a row for bad visibility. Mother Earth is very angry apparently.
However, today the news is better than expected and we do not have to be down. From the video I could see EVERYTHING in Little Bay, all the wrecks, all the rocks. The water is crystal clear for a change. This is good news, with 38 SNUBA on the menu.
Here’s a happy picture:
Looking forward to some awesome dives….. yay!
We are looking for at least one more rescue diver / captain for our team. You need to be legal on Sint Maarten on the Dutch Side OR DUTCH. If you are not, do not try waste my time as you will not get an answer if you do not meet the above criteria. (If you want an internship click here instead)
Qualities we are looking for in candidates:
- Experience in boat driving and maintenance
- Minimum 25 years of age.
- At least VHF license if not complete boating license.
- Rescue Diver with up to date EFR.
- Safety conscious.
- Ambitious, self starter
- Respectful, polite and good with guests.
- Timely / Puntual
- Non Smoker
- Clean appearance.
- Not afraid to do briefings.
- have a local phone number
- Drivers license
- Fluent in English (International English.)
You will be internally trained to SNUBA Guide and to drive OUR boat and you will also obtain your local boat license (unless you have an international license). Getting your PADI DiveMaster is also possible. Your work may involve the following:
Prepping the boat for outings, including fueling, engine checks/maintenance, bottom cleaning, prepping SNUBA materials, filling tanks, diving with SNUBA Guests, driving the boat, meeting guests at cruise ship dock or elsewhere, social media posting, taking pictures, promotional work.
This is an ad for a full time position, taxes and basic health care included in the deal. Non SNUBA Guides will require up to two weeks of training before getting paid salary.
Resume with picture gets preference.
Picture download galleries have now been posted on the SNUBA SXM Website. All is complete up to February 9th. See you on our website!
SNUBA SXM is looking for long(er) term team members. We will need a dive instructor to help train SNUBA Guides and also be an active SNUBA Guide yourself. We also need a Captain (minimum Open Water Diver with 40 dives, but rescue preferred) who can also be trained to double as SNUBA Guide. You will be working with cruise ship passengers in small groups. Work environment is friendly and relaxed.
If hired, after a short initial training period, this will be a contracted position. Length of training is depending on entry and experience level. (ask)
We are looking for people with the following qualities and specifications:
- Legal on Sint Maarten or of Dutch nationality.
- Fluent and grammatically correct English.
- Second Language conversational. (Dutch/French/Spanish/German)
- Dive Experience minimum Open Water certified. Higher certification a plus.
- Enthusiastic team member, but disciplined enough to function by him or her self.
- Captain candidates need to AT LEAST have valid VHF license and boating experience. of course captains’ license and experience driving single inboard engine boats is a plus.
- Boat/Mechanical/Fiberglass/Sales experience a plus.
- WordPress / Facebook experience a plus.
- Have a FaceBook profile.
- No criminal record
- non smoker.
- Minimum 25 years old.
- Punctual / Timely / Tidy
- Have references.
- No couples at this point.
Please introduce yourself initially by using the contact form on this website. We will reply within a few hours requesting more information or initiating an online dialogue.
New Galleries have been posted on SNUBA SXM. Visit and download your pictures for free from our website. All galleries are updated up to February 2nd, 2018